SEPTAR members get access to the SEPTAR Yahoo group.
This is the discussion group for members of SEPTAR, the Special Education PTA of Redwood City.
We can share the challenges and successes of our children and be a support group to each other. Also, we can explore how we as parents can help the Redwood City School District continue offering the amazing and wonderful special education programs that are invaluable to our children.
SEPTAR was formed on January 25, 2007 as the first district-wide special education PTA in the Redwood City School District.
Our goals are:
* Helping families find the services and information they need.
* Working with general education teachers, families, and students to help them successfully include special needs children in their schools.
* Providing a place for parents to find emotional support.
* Holding social events to bring our members and our children together.
* Helping to build a Special Education department that keeps and attracts top-quality staff.
* Connecting to other groups in the community involved in education and special education.
* Fundraising to support our goals.